Wednesday 13 June 2007

Zodiac

Just yesterday I saw Zodiac, which is a very good, solid film. Great performances and a great story with lots of suspense. It even got a bit scary sometimes. And as for me who never gets scared by movies that's a really cool thing. Where horror movies with ghosts, doesn't scare me at all, a film like this, which is based on true events, really gave me some shivers. At one point I even thought: 'nooo don't go in there, just leave, this doesn't feel right!,' when Jake Gyllenhaal's character gets to play detective. Also there was a very graphic scene where a woman was stabbed. That one made me cringe in my seat and wasn't a nice sight. The acting in this film is great. First off Chloë Sevigny was in it, which is always a pleasure, since she is one of my favourite actresses. The characters she plays are always really nice and even if they're just small, like this one, she knows how to give the character that little extra that it lacks on paper. Her presence is always a delight, she really lights up the screen for me. Also both Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr. give solid performances. Especially Downey Jr., who kinda reminded me of Johnny Depp sometimes. He sort of had the same look.

Final Verdict: *****

Overall, it really is an excellent film. One of the best to come out this year.
It's one of those movies that is so good that you don't need any new movies about the same subject matter for many years to come. This one will do just fine. So far David Fincher has made a lot of great movies. I hope he gets to make many more. This one is one of his best and maybe even a classic. See this film if you want to watch a really good movie. It won't dissapoint. Also this film reminded me why it is so much better to watch movies on the big screen.

No comments: