Saturday 16 June 2007

25th Hour

I watched 25th Hour for the second time last night. I was very surprised, cause I liked it even more than the first time I saw it. I remember the first time that the beginning was kind of difficult to watch, 'cause I wasn't really aware of what exactly was going on, but then at the end I felt I got this great reward. Now watching it the second time I loved it from the beginning. I really found myself loving each scene and appreciate the wonderful conversations between the characters even more. The dialogue is awesome, just as the acting. Edward Norton really is one of the best actors. I always try to watch as many movies he's in, 'cause I learn so much by watching him. Also Barry Pepper gives a great performance. The first time I saw this film I was very surprised. He's just that good in this film. Watching this film is like getting a masterclass in acting.

Final Verdict: *****

The pace of the story is very nice, very relaxed. I really like that all the scenes, the conversations take long and aren't interrupted. The dialogue is so good and all the actors play very nartural. I also loved Rosario Dawson she's beautiful in this film. And together with Edwards character she makes a great couple. They're one of the most believable couples I have ever watched on screen. They really look like a real couple and act like one too. It's really nice to watch and makes me remember how nice a relationship can be, without it having to be overly romantic.
The ending to me is perfect. 'Cause you can decide for yourself what happened. This film is definitely one of my favourites, and last night I remembered why that is again.

No comments: